Categories of expenditure for which the Trust does not provide support
When submitting an application to the Trust, applicants are advised that the Trust does not offer funding for the following costs, and hence none of these items may be included in any budget submitted to the Trust:
- Core funding or overheads for institutions. Please note that the Trust does not make awards on a full economic costing basis. Attention is drawn to paragraphs 3.31 to 3.37 of the Science and Innovation Investment Framework 2004–2014, HM Treasury (July 2004), which explains arrangements for the provision of overheads linked to charity funding to academic institutions (the charity support element of HEFCE QR - and analogous patterns of support in the devolved administrations)
- Individual items of equipment over £1,000. Please consult the Frequently Asked Questions section regarding individual items of equipment with a value of £1,000 and under
- Sites, buildings or other capital expenditure
- Support for the organisation of conferences or workshops, unless these are directly associated with International Networks; Early Career Fellowships; Visiting Professorships; or Philip Leverhulme Prizes
- A shortfall resulting from a withdrawal of or deficiency in public finance
- Student tuition fees unless associated with an application for Research Project Grants, Research Programme Grants, the Arts Scholarships, or with a nomination for a Philip Leverhulme Prize.